Greetings! I’m Ben Deaton and this is my personal slice of the internet.
I’m a Senior Machine Learning Engineer/Data Scientist and have a Ph.D. in engineering from Georgia Tech. My work in the past has revolved around machine learning, software engineering, and computational mechanics. I have lived and worked in Atlanta and Boston. I currently work for a startup in Atlanta.
For the full details, see my curriculum vita/résumé.
I’m married to a wonderful woman and our chaotic life revolves around three awesome little kids. I’m also a rare disease parent.
- My experience preventing and managing RSI (n=1) (27 Apr 2020)
- MLSys 2020 Conference Recap (23 Apr 2020)
- Case-sensitive multiselect in VS Code (14 Apr 2020)
- The Gene: Reflections on the PBS documentary (13 Apr 2020)
- My current remote work setup (22 Mar 2020)
- Notes on Spaced Repetition Memory Systems (21 Feb 2020)
- Review of the Coursera Machine Learning course by Andrew Ng (16 Feb 2020)
- On Deleting Facebook and Rare Disease (09 Jun 2019)
- Recap: Southern Data Science Conference 2019 (24 Apr 2019)
- Five-year update: BOS to ATL, Engineering to Data Science, PPP2R5D (19 Apr 2019)
- ... and more in the archives
About this site
I’ve been blogging on and off since around 2005, and most of that writing is archived here. These posts contain my subjective and anecdotal musings on machine learning, data science, engineering, programming, research, science, academia, teaching, and whatever else strikes my fancy.
You can subscribe to my blog by RSS.
You can browse the list of 178 posts in the archives.